Monday, November 30, 2020

PRAYER FOR AND ASSURANCE OF GRACE for December 6, 2020 -- Advent 2B

God of the Jubilee year, God who renews the earth, pour your Spirit upon us we pray.
Open our hearts and lives so we too would bring good news to the oppressed, bind up the brokenhearted, proclaim liberty to the captives, release to the prisoners; and comfort all who mourn
God who meets us as we wander in the wilderness, show us the highway that we should follow.
Clear away the obstacles we have laid in our way. Lower the hills we use to block other people’s paths. Speak to our pain and struggle. Touch our hearts in this hour.
Hear again the words of God: Comfort, O comfort my people, says your God. Speak tenderly to Jerusalem, and cry to her that she has served her term, that her penalty is paid.
I will greatly rejoice in the Lord, my whole being shall exult in my God; for God has clothed me with the garments of salvation, God has covered me with the robe of righteousness.
We are forgiven and loved. God has laid out a highway in the desert to lead us to the Reign of Peace and Justice.
Thanks be to God! Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment