Tuesday, September 17, 2013

For September 22, 2013 Proper 20C, 18th After Pentecost

PRAYER FOR GRACE AND HEALING
My joy is gone, grief is upon me, my heart is sick.
God of life, there are times when the wounds of life seem overwhelming.
The thought of my affliction and my homelessness is wormwood and gall! My soul continually thinks of it and is bowed down within me.
God of hope, there are times when hope seems to have left us permanently.
With those among us whose lives sometimes seemed mired in darkness, with those among us who live in a shadow of depression, with those among us who live with the constant panic of anxiety..
We pray for comfort, for healing, for hope.
Knowing that there are times when we all are struck by such issues
We pray that we too will find the support we need, and we remember...
But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
God of life and hope, God of light that shines in the darkness, through your grace bring us through the deepest shadows of life and lead us back into the place of healing and hope.
There IS a balm in Gilead.
And wherever else God's children are in pain. Thanks be to God. Amen.
  
COMMISSIONING:
We live in a world where people share their joys and sorrows
We go out to share our lives with the world around us.
We live with people who are hurting.
And so we share God's word of hope, God's promise of light in the darkness.
We trust in the words of Dame Julian
All will be well, all manner of thing be well.
Go with God, who is there in the light and the dark.
Thanks be to God. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment